Working at Maili Saba Camp
Maili Saba Camp is luxury tented camp located on the edge of the Magnificent Menengai Crater just outside Nakuru town. We lodge a maximum of 24 guests and provide dining, bar, banqueting and conference facilities for up to 50 guests. Maili Saba Camp boasts African simplicity with a magnificent view.
Position: Camp Accountant
Line manager: General Manager Maili Saba Camp
Duty station: Maili Saba Camp
Maili Saba Camp is a small scale luxury tented camp on the edge of the Menengai Crater located 16 km from Nakuru town. Maili Saba Camp serves as an income generating programme to the Ujima Foundation. Due to the growth of the organisation and subsequent transfer of the previous financial officer to the head office we are currently looking for a qualified accountant.
While reporting to the general manager the Camp accountant is responsible to keep track of all incoming and outgoing money and ascertain it is properly recorded and handled. Debtors and creditors are well recorded and follow ups made when required.
Ujima Foundation works according to the international Accounting Standards and International standards of financial reporting.
- Maintain, including filing, proper and meticulous accounts of all income and expenditure as per the financial procedures of the organisation. This includes amongst others petty cash payments, cheque payments, purchases on credit, credit sales, cash sales, and bank accounting.
- Compile and prepare invoices for tour operators and follow through on payments.
- Prepare payment of suppliers either via e-banking or cheque payments
- Perform bank and sales reconciliation
- Prepare monthly financial performance reports
- Assist departmental heads in meeting reporting deadlines
- Perform impromptu stock checks and end of month stock taking.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting exercises
- Ensure all deposits and prepayments are accounted
- Ensure departmental compliancy with set rules and regulations
- Communicate all discrepancies and corrections on a daily basis to the camp manager.
- Prepare the department’s payroll and ensure all statutory deductions are calculated correctly and submitted in time to the relevant authorities.
- Assist in all audits whether instigated by Ujima Foundation or its partner organisations.
- Work according the principles of transparency, accountability and neutrality of Ujima Foundation.
- All duties that may further be assigned to you
- CPA part II section 1 – 4 completed currently pursuing part III
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar position in the hotel industry
- Able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of quick books and excel software. Knowledge of Hotel Plus software is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English
- Good communication skills both written and verbally
- We are looking for a person who has great attention for detail and the ability to remain focussed when working with complex financial data.
- Is able to perform well under pressure
- Can follow through and be demanding when it comes to procedures
- Team player
This position falls under job class 3 P13 – P28 minimum Ksh. 9,877/= - Ksh. 20,534/= based on previous experience and performance during the probation period.
Due to the sensitivity of the position a probation period of 4 months is applicable. This probation period will be finalised with an external audit and an internal evaluation.
If you meet the above mentioned criteria and you are willing to join our organisation please fill out the application form, and submit your CV and copies of your CPA certificates to Ujima Foundation, The Human Resource Manager, P.O.Box 800, 40123, Kisumu or send it via courier to Ujima Compound, Nehru Rd, Millimani Kisumu or firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only short listed candidates will receive communication.